artwork submission guidelines
Spark is happy to accept press-ready files for printing. Please see our submission guidelines below. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us!
- Submit all artwork with fonts converted to outlines in lieu of sending in the fonts. Please keep in mind that this means we will not be able to edit your text.
- A bounding box to show the final trim size is necessary. Please create all pieces in standard Spark sizes or ask us before you create a non-standard piece.
- All artwork should be 100% black or a specified Pantone Uncoated color. Tints are not recommended for letterpress as it is a relief printing method and they do not easily reproduce well.
- Include an 1/8” bleed on all sides for any artwork that bleeds.
- Watch out for very delicate fonts or artwork – the art or font should measure 0.2 point in the thinnest area in order to hold during platemaking and printing. There are exceptions to this rule, so please ask if you have questions about your file.
- PDF or Adobe Illustrator files are preferred. We also accept high resolution bitmap files for certain artwork types. Bitmaps must be 300 dpi, but ideally 600-1200 dpi for the best quality.
- Please submit vector art in your files – this means no placed JPGs, PNGs or TIFs pretending to be vector art.
- If you have technical questions about how to submit a file, please ask and we will help you as best we can.
- If your files need to be cleaned up or are otherwise not press-ready, design time charges may be incurred. We will contact you prior to working on your files if this is the case.